Saturday, October 6, 2007

Hangovers and the Goodness of People

With so much in the press about sadness and badness I thought I would take a moment to emphasize the goodness of people. This will likely be to the chagrin of Dear Sweet Fiancé ...

DSF (get tired of typing it all out, plus adding the accent mark is a real pain in Blogger...) and I may or may not have been way too drunk last night ... and DSF may or may not have forgotten his laptop bag (with his work laptop in it!) at the bar ... the second bar that it is... When the realization came to him amid a morning hangover my first thought was, "Crap they're going to mad at work when they find out your laptop got stolen because you left it in some bar." He called but of course most bars aren't open at 9am and so he was stuck leaving messages.

Imagine my surprise when I came back home shortly thereafter, armed with a day's worth of hangover remedies, to find that a dear friend had actually had the lucidity of mind to take it home after we had left! (thank you by the way CEW!) Further surprise came just moments ago when the bar called back and apologetically told me that they hadn't found the laptop - boy were they relieved when I told them what happened.

Maybe I'm too much of a cynic (or maybe I've just been stolen from one too many times!!) but I wasn't feeling too optimistic this morning - I'm glad I was wrong. I love it when things like this happen and remind me the goodness of people is alive and well in the world.

No comments: